|Posted:||24 July 2012|
Job Title: Project Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Neg per hour
To take ownership of technical design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
Reporting to the Project Manager but is guided by the Lead Engineer, and is responsible for:
· Ownership of the Technical Design and conformity to package and customer specifications.
· Drawing Release with ‘freeze’ against each Programme build milestone.
· DFMEA update and release against the above milestone release.
· All design changes post initial prototype tool release to use Change Management Process … PLM system.
· All Customer requests to deviate away from initial Programme Assumptions / TA to be approved via Change Management Process PLM system.
· Maximum 10 day turn-around of PLM to solve testing related issues / concerns.
· Medium and short term CAD resource management, ensuring CAD Designers workload / priorities match those of the Programme Timeline and Customer Releases.
· Support Plant issues when proven root cause is base design (not quality / process)
· Customer liaison and reporting of project technical issues and potential resolutions.
· Sub-Supplier Design Management – Data release and Control with documented status and actions on a regular basis.
· Generation of VE / VA brainstorm ideas – Facilitate the workshops.
· Progress VE/VA ideas to engineered / feasible solutions with detail drawings and prototype trial samples.
· Test and Development DV / PV and virtual CAE analysis for confidence.
· Presentations to the company and its Customers Senior Management re: VE/VA status v Targets and any roadblocks.
· Open Issues – Single list with time bound response including all known problems with priorities.
· Checking of all data prior to Release (to customer/supplier or other interested parties)
· Engineering Degree or equivalent (or relevant experience)
· Excel / Word
· Detail Drawings – Practical application of GD&T
· Detailed interior trim engineering knowledge
· Microsoft Project (MS Project)
· DFMEA – Qualified to ‘User level’
· Automotive Seating experience
· Problem Solving skills
· Appreciation of CAE techniques and Process ( i.e. WERS, C3P, FEA etc)
· VE / VA techniques (cost pareto etc.)
ARRK Europe Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
If you are not contacted within 7 days by a recruiter after applying for this position, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
|If you would like to apply for this vacancy then please click on the button below.|